Installation of New Window, including repairs to stonework and provision of external lighting.
Funded by contributions including:
- Friends of St. Mary’s with some in-memoriam gifts
This window is a celebration of the work of Christ in our community in the 21st century, and was dedicated to the glory of God and to the memory of Evelyn May Freeman, Harry & Edna Passant, David & Michaela Phillips and Dr. K M Tomlinson, on Sunday 11 January 2009 by the Rt. Rev. John Went, Suffragan Bishop of Tewkesbury.
The modern design with mouth-blown glass reflects the rich and diverse ministry of St. Mary’s, the ecumenical fellowship of the church with Anglicans, Baptists and Methodists worshipping together, local youth work, and our mission work in India and Romania.
The uplifting imagery suggests:
- Omnipotence – over all the world and the heavens, from the smallest cells in our bodies to the greatest galaxies in space.
- Mystery and Transcendence – God is beyond our human understanding and yet present in all His creation.
- Outreach – reaching out from the centre of our hearts, our church, our God yet also drawing in, embracing and inclusive.
Designed, made and installed by Nicky Hopwood, Hay-on-Wye.
Donated by David Bailey, Mary & Martin Brown, Maggie & Ian Cocks, Barrie & Mary Freeman, Ann & Michael Keene, Derek & Wyn Lemarchand, Brenda & Fred Passant, Rev Pat Phillips, the Tomlinson family, and the Friends of St. Mary’s Church.
- Stone Masons – CDL Stone, Wiltshire
- Church Architects – Bartosch & Stokes, Cheltenham